Thursday 2 January 2014

"Oh! Sedapnya Kueh Keria :D"

A Malay saying "Ah! Sedapnya Masakan Air Tangan Ibu" means foodies cooked or prepared  by mothers are always delicious and great! However, in my case I seldom have the luxury to taste   Mommy's cuisines since we stay far away from each other :( Mom lives in the tropics whereas for the time being I am a trailing spouse in the desert.  Yet, I am very fortunate for my better half loves cooking for me, thus I less crave for my Mom's foodies :D And, I will reserve my tummy for Mom's foods whenever I am home spending quality time with her at her home-sweet-home in Happy Village. Most of the time she will prepare for me her famous jemput-jemput tepung with sambal ketuk! Other foods, she will ask my sister Sofia or Annie to cook for me especially my favourite ayam ungkep and ikan masak asam pedas :D

One day, while we were visiting Nizwa, at its Souq - we found an old man selling sweet potatoes in bulk. For a full sack it only cost OR3. I told Mr Right that I wish to eat Kuih Keria which is made from sweet potatoes. Mr Right used to make them for me at our rented home-sweet-home in our home country. It has been ages since I last tasted the yummy Malaysian dessert! Looking at the red skinned sweet potatoes in the sack, straight away Mr Right bought them and handed to me. He said, "Honey, I'll make you Kuih Keria." I quickly gave him a Big Smile! 

With a big sack in our hands, we happily walked to the car :D When we safely arrived at our home in Qurum29, my helper Mrs P boiled some of the potatoes and later she mashed them. Once it was almost cooled, I called for Mr Right. He came down to the kitchen and showed me how to make my favourite dessert. Looking at him doing the dough was as if it was easy and simple. Yet, when I tried to do it myself, my hands felt aching and numb! Hu Hu Hu ... And, Mr Right laughed at me. He He He ... Yet, I never gave up and continued learning to 'master' the Kuih Keria. The result, as below:

Ah! Sedapnya Kuih Keria > TQ Mr Right for the sweet lipsmacking dessert :D

Here, I did it!!! But, with the help of Mr Right who did the 'sira' for me  (@^@) HiHiHi 
And in fact he commented in FB that "SV kata, lembu punya susu Mama dapat nama." Ha Ha Ha 

No comments:

Post a Comment