Sunday 2 February 2014

Long Weekend! What did I Do?

We had a long weekend during Chinese New Year Celebration. I was asking myself, "What should I do to make time flies?" Also, I was contemplating not to just waste the time, instead to fill up the three days stretched holidays with worth while activities. 

Well, it begins with the holy Jumaat. Although I had a luncheon invitation after prayer time in the afternoon, the morning was filled up with fruitful activities from helping Mr Right for some home cooked breakfast and watching him watering the plants in the garden since our Mr G was on leave visiting his family. Then, we went to LuLu Hypermarket and bought some groceries to fill up the refrigerator for a week's consumption. 

Once done, while waiting to be ready for luncheon invitation @TTCrib, I made sure my wardrobes for that occasion were all in place including the scarves to match the blouse which I had chosen to wear! After that I watched two Korean movies which in a way provided me with some insights about life in both South and North Korea. They may be of the same origin but they're two different nations. Due to different political outlook and the borders that separate them, the people and their lifestyles were entirely different. Anyway, I truly enjoyed both the movies Sadder than Sad as well as Yalkae.

After watching the movies, Mr Right and I were ready for our Chinese New Year lunch at Madam TT's in an exclusive area, the PDO Camp! Indeed, I always like to drive up the rocky hills and then down to the valley full of palm trees. The cool and breezy wind during this time of the year were exceptionally blessing. They added soothing feelings to the lovely surroundings and enchanting environment that already captured my ever 'wondering' eyes searching for rare and beautiful sights! So captivating the scenes of fresh greens intertwining with sandy hill tops against the breezy wind that they appeared liken to feastful pictures to the eyes as well as melody to the soul. 

Coming back from TT's Crib, we stopped at Gary's Vet near Sabco, only to find that it had moved to Qurum Garden. And to add salt to the injury, it is closed on Friday! Oh Poor Gary, he must be 'starving' for half a day :( So, we decided to walk to a Pet Shop in Sabco to get a packet of Gary's food. We were looking for Royal Canine brand with 'neutered' sign but unfortunately there was none and like it or not we had to settle for the normal brand with the  hope that we'll get one from the Vet the next day when the clinic re-open. 

Oh! My Poor Gary, but just for a day okay and Mama will surely get the brand which you like ASAP :D When we reached home, little Gary was waiting for his foodies at the front door. When I poured the 'cereal' cat foods in his bowl, in just a few minutes all were gone. Indeed, I knew he was truly famished. It did not surprise me knowing full well that his normal eating pattern is every two to three hours. Hence, after that good dinner, we found him slept soundly in our room till dawn creeps in. Wow! I was feeling grateful just watching Gary curled up on my bed with full warm belly and feeling comfy (@^@)!

My Gary 'feeling comfy' after a good meal!

Through out the night, Gary slept with us. When Saturday morning comes, I told Mr Right that I wished to cook breakfast for us, yet he said, "Why not we go to Shatti Qurum and have our breakfast there?" Wow! Feeling blessed I quickly dressed in my casual wear and together we headed to my favourite weekend cafe the D'Arcy Kitchen. For a change, I asked for tuna melt instead of the Fish and Chips, whereas Mr Right's preference was beef sandwiches which was different than his normal order the omelette! Mine turned out great but Mr Right's selection proven fatal because it had lots of mayonnaise and caramelised onions which were not to his liking, but surprisingly I adored them! Thus, it ended up me eating the double portion more than usual :D


With the Big Breakfast, I wanted to forgo lunch. It was only wishful thinking because Mr Right once again took me for another weekend treat @Wasabi Sushi in Bareeq Shatti. This time we had Sushi Rolls with salmon and Dragon rolls with tuna accompanied by the ever soothing miso soup. There goes my diet which I however, never regret. He He He :) And just before we headed for home, I told Mr Right that I was craving for something sweet for tea time from Bread Talk. 

So we stopped at the outlet and bought some desserts there. I happily ate them at home while watching another Korean movie Too Beautiful To Lie. It was not only hilarious that brought laughter to the viewers, but it did tell us that old habits die hard. However, with time and some 'inspirations' from good people and beautiful surroundings the old habits slowly disappeared and turned to new leaf with new beginnings! Well, I enjoyed the movie which was full of hilarity, adventures and fascinating scenery that captured my heart and soul. Since I watched it via my iPad, and sometimes I smiled and laughed alone, nevertheless I at times received wierd grins and rolling eyes from my better half who was relaxing in the lounge and flipping through the newspapers :D

When it was time for dinner, again Mr Right asked me what I feel like eating? I smiled and later said, "I just want roast chicken. Homemade!" He rolled his eyes and yet he responded, "Sure Dear, we'll go down (to kitchen) after your evening prayer and you please ready with your kuah kicap!" I grinned at him and soon happily said, "Yes Sir!" And, pretty soon we had a delicious home cooked roast chicken. And my job was only to chop some chillies, onions and tomatoes. Then added in some soya sauce with a dash of lemon! But the roast chicken dish was truly nostalgic because that was one of the dishes which Mr Right cooked for me since we sat eyes on each other. And, until today he never fails to cook for me whenever I feel or crave of it. Big Thank You, Mr Right! Indeed, you're the rightful man for me and I truly love you for your love and your awesome deeds just for me and only me!


Well, Saturday had passed and we still have Sunday as part of the long weekend. Also, later in the evening we're going for dinner @Al Husn in Barr Jissah. So, that Sunday morning Mr Right asked me "Honey, What shall we do and where should we go, today?" Frankly, I have no answer to his question but somehow I responded, "Why not we scout for Gary's new clinic and also we should get his 'neutered' foodies!" He smiled and answered, "Okay!" With that positive respond I quickly took my bath and got ready for an outing. I dressed casually and waited for him to be ready, too. In the car, while driving, Mr Right said, "Shall we go to StarBuck near Qurum Beach?" Hearing the name of the American Cafe made me smiled and quickly nodded to him. And pretty soon we were in the cozy ambience overlooking the Gulf of Oman. The water at that time was high tide but there were wind. It was breezy and we truly enjoyed the beautiful cool Sunday morning while happily snacking our light snacks the tuna melt with crips. This scene and the foods reminded me of our lovely time in London where we frequented the StarBuck near his office each time I dropped by to say "Hello!"


When we arrived home after a good Sunday time out roaming the city of Muscat with foodies for Gary in our hands, we saw the sky turned to grey as it was already late evening. And, it was also time for us to get ready for a dinner with a friend. This time although I dressed in smart casual, but I made sure it was for night event. Hence, I chose a black velvet long skirt with mandarin Thai silk top. I asked Mr Right if I looked okay and his respond was "Okay!" Well, what do I expect? The word 'gorgeous!' Perhaps three decades ago. LOL!  Anyway, we looked forward to meeting this lovely friend who came for a holiday in Muscat. It has been more than a year since we last met. 

When we arrived, there she was waiting for us in a lovely flowing pinky wardrobe which was exceptionally elegant. I not only liked her sense of dressing and style, but I truly like her vibrant character which mirrored her well as a corporate person. I admired her style and always prayed for her success and that all her hardwork and never say never attitude will be paid off. Insyallah. While admiring her, I also believe with the saying "if there is a will, there will always be a way" for success. We soon embraced each other and reminiscing the past and how's life at home. While having hearty Hamburg Dinner, we also not forgotten to wish to each other "Happy New Year!" We felt it was still not too late to pray for each other's prosperity in life and also a brighter 2014. 

After the Dinner under the thousand stars, we said goodbye to each other with the hope to cross path again someday and sometime. We soon left the roof top  restaurant which was facing a magnificent midnight blue ocean on one end and the rugged mountains on the other with good feelings. 

And when I arrived home, there was a surprised gift waited for me depicting Chinese New Year  festivity. It was stacks of famous cookies namely pineapple tarts, walnut cookies and the evergreen mazola - some of the things which we sometimes took for granted when we are at home but sorely missed when we are away from home.

When I looked at the lip smacking cookies, they reminded me of the Chinese New Year Celebration at home-sweet-home where whenever we were invited to the Chinese friends' home, the cookies will never be forgotten as well as the kuaci and the groundnuts. Big Thank You to my friend for the sweet gift as remembrance from home. I uttered silently to me-self that the yummy cookies will last me for more than a week while I watched night movies. 

Oh! Thank You to Mr Right for his endless love and all my Dear Friends for the thoughts and beautiful friendships that we shared and cherished throughout the long weekend. It was not only fruitful but truly memorable. Indeed, I cherished savoring the cookies that finally wrapped up my long weekend, and for all the lovely activities that happened to me, I truly felt blissful to Allah SWT for all His Love, Grace and Blessings. Amin.

      Yummy Cookies for Nite Movies :D

No comments:

Post a Comment