Friday 7 February 2014

Appreciate Life!

Our life is precious. As for me, the older I get, the more I look into my inner self and the more I appreciate life ...

It's weekend again. I was asking myself what to do to pass my time till tomorrow comes? I must do something good that's beneficial to me and to my loved ones. Especially when we do not know how long will we live? I'm not getting any younger. Silvery grey already crowns my then black hair. I could also feel the ache on some parts of my body.  

But Alhamdulillah, to my knowledge I do not have any serious illness, and for that I am exceptionally grateful to Allah SWT. I know that time flies and age is catching up! I am already in my fifties. It's just a matter of time for His calling - now or a little later. Yet, I am truly grateful for the wonderful life the Almighty Allah SWT had granted to me in this worldly world. My prayer that my life in the hereafter will be better than here. Insyallah.

And, I am also feeling closer to meeting Him especially when yesterday I just received news from my friend that my former classmate had just passed away leaving behind a widow and children. He was just two years my senior. My husband knows him too. Although we both are feeling the loss of a friend :( Yet, we know The Almighty Allah SWT loves him more. Al Fatihah to HD. 

Anyway, for us who are still breathing we thank him for the extra time. It means we could do more good deeds, more time for prayers and supplications, not late yet to ask for His Mercy and Forgiveness, to make right what is wrong, to forgive others who have been wrongful to us, spend time with our loved ones, to appreciate our life more and give what we could to the needy. Insyallah, we'll feel good and blissful and more ready to face Him.

Hence being a DS who is trailing her spouse, apart from fulfilling my duties and responsibilities to my nation, the other time spent were with my better half. I truly appreciate my life spending with him. It has been six years consecutively that I took leave from my job to be with  him. Never once that I regretted my decision. Instead I'm truly delighted for the opportunity to be a full time housewife to be tagged along by him to all the places he went. Be it for official or leisure, he always wanted me to be by his side. Alhamdulilah. 

And, the same when we were at home. My place was always within his arms' reach. We spent time together especially on weekends! We loved watching movies while embraced in each others' arms. I loved listening to him whenever I watched war or historical movies for he has vast knowledge on many subjects. For a person who is only a year older than me, I always feel 'inferior' when compared to the knowledge he had, yet I am truly fortunate to have him to share what he knows with me! We talked, we laughed and we teased each other just like old days :D

And today, I want to spend precious time with my significant other who makes me smiles and laughs every now and then even on simplest jokes! We woke up early. We sent off someone important at MIA. We had breakfast together. I prepared coffee with a platter of keropok lekor since he does not want lunch. We watched documentary The Great Moguls, their glory, the war, and the down fall. 

Similarly for dinner, he doesn't want heavy foodies except something simple, so a mug of cardamon tea with belinjau crackers were served. Other than that there's our favourite Malteaser chocolates and mazola cookies for snacks. And together we happily snuggled in front of the 52in TV and watched Red Cliffs! Indeed, my gratitude to Allah SWT for the good health, sound minds and happy life as bright as the blooming hibiscus which we are enjoying :D

A blooming hibiscus which was in our garden. Bright and beautiful :D
------------------------------------------------
A well said quote by JW that reflected our happy life! TQ :)

No comments:

Post a Comment