Tuesday 17 December 2013

Trisome @WomenX-PO :D

Being a woman, I can never blink an eye and not attend an expo involving women. It may sound chauvinistic, yet that's the reality! So, this morning together with two female friends Cookie and Mimi, I went to view the expo at OIEC in Seeb and met some women entrepreneurs there whose intricate awesome works truly captured my small Chinese eyes :D


While scouting from booth to booth, I came across many booths on educations such as Majan College which has an association with University of Bedfordshire, UK. At another corner there were several other booths that showcased handmade jewelry. One booth that truly caught my attention was an Omani handicrafts jewels Nari Nari Jewellery. I immediately fell in love with the unique designs where most of the jewellery were intricately handmade with an exquisite and alluring solid 'bold' gold as the main attraction which one surely cannot missed!

Then, I saw a line of booths belonging to MSA. In one of its booth I met Lamia who I once met at one of the OWA functions. At her booth during the expo, she has produced beautiful and painstaking Omani handicrafts for women and children based on her own observation and creativity. When I asked her as to how long she has been into this unique handicrafts, with genuine sweet smiling face and a very soft tone she answered, "Just three months." Oh Wow! That was my spontaneous respond. I was exceptionally amazed with her skills and the exquisite productions which she had produced single-handedly. Among others were a set of traditional yet fashionable and colorful burqa and belt with exquisitely handmade 'kanjar' for women and children. 

The burqa is a stif face veil mask that covers half of the woman's face. It also has an open slit for the eyes (@^@) which was awesome! In fact, I had one in my  possession  which I bought @Muscat Festival in Ameerat early this year. Whereas a kanjar is a curved dagger which is normally worn by an Omani man at his waist over the dish dasha at official functions. However, Lamia has not only taken this view into serious consideration,  instead with sheer creativity she has transformed it daintily as part of women accessories and decorative items to their dress which was truly elegant and enchanting! Such a brilliant idea for a very young and enthusiastic entrepreneur which I truly admired and to be emulated by all. Great Work Lamia :)

Lamia with her enchanting products that captured many visitors including the trisome - Cookie, Mimi and Me!

1 comment: