Friday 27 December 2013

Festive Season with Friends

Towards the end of the year, we celebrated festive season with friends in Muscat. As compared to last year's XMas and New Year celebrations where we headed for whitish snow in London, this year we celebrated with closed friends in cool wintery season in the Sultanate. But, it was enjoyable and exceptionally awesome! 

First, we celebrated the Pre-XMas with RJ @MirbatCrib. We had sumptuous Laksa Sarawak among the delicious cuisines served on the memorable Coffee Morning in her cosy 'Arabian' home surrounded by cheerful international friends. Next, we were invited to Mrs MG's home-sweet-home at Azaiba on XMas Day for hi-tea! There, we were enjoying her home-cooked turkey. It tasted good with original gravy. Truly not bad for a first timer. Bravo Dear Mrs MG! For X-Mas dinner we headed to Mr & Mrs Charles home also in Azaiba. We also had turkey which was very tender and delicious specially prepared by the host himself! Other yummilicious cuisines include Mexican taco and Malaysian rojak buah and karipap. With the soothing background music serenading us while having our dinner with black and red theme that made it more appetizing and without realizing we were already on our fourth helpings. Whoosh, there went our diet but surely not regrets. LOL :D

Post XMas dinner was held at Mr and Mrs SS at Mawaleh. This time the theme was blue and it coincided with their son's 10th Birthday Bash. All came in blue and the deco for that memorable night was all midnight blue. Truly stunning! Since we had enough of turkey, here our lovely host and hostess prepared an authentic Malaysian cuisines which include aromatic white rice, kuah lemak kuning, ayam masak kicap, sambal sotong, ikan goreng masam manis, sotong goreng tepung and ikan bilis pedas. Wow! All tasted good and all the invitees truly enjoyed the sumptuous dinner. And, most of all we had a special dessert 'Putu Mayam' specially prepared by the ever sweet hostess Mrs SS for us! In fact, I ate the desserts first long before the actual main foodies :))

The delicious Putu Mayam prepared by Mrs SS. I had not one but four helpings!

Well, who could resist this special treat? The yummilicious 'Putu Mayam' or the people in Southern India called it 'Idi Apom' which reminds me of the good old days @home-sweet-home when the Putu-Mayam-Man came by his bike to sell the delicious foodies! I love this dessert which was made from steamed rice flour and ate with gula merah and fresh kelapa parut! To the hostess, Mrs SS - big TQ for preparing this lipsmacking dessert. Not only that I liked and enjoyed the foodies very much, but certainly it brought nostalgic feelings to me while savouring them. The good old times which I had while eating them with my siblings in my younger days kept 'popping and dancing' through my mind! Oh ... How I missed those good and lovely days I spent with my brothers and sisters in Happy Village while enjoying the Putu Mayam! 

Once again, TQ to all my friends who had invited me and my family to their homes and spent good festive times together. I truly enjoyed every moment we were together not only the coffee morning foodies, sumptuous lunches and delicious dinners, but most of all I enjoyed the friendship we shared in this hospitable land with truly hospitable people just like you and your loving family. Irrespective of races and religions, we sat down together as one Big Happy Family respecting and understanding each other's culture and tradition. I Thank You for inviting me and my family to be part and parcel of your happy celebration :) 

Indeed, all of you are truly beautiful people with beautiful hearts and personality. On this, I remember what my octagenarion Mom used to say to me which truly reflect all of you my friends:
"A beautiful appearance will last a few decades, but a beautiful personality will last a life time!" TQ once again for your beautiful personality and hospitality my Dear Friends - Mrs RJ, Mrs MG, Mrs Charles and Mrs SS. I shall not forget your love and kindness to me and my family.


No comments:

Post a Comment