Tuesday 24 December 2013

Quality Time with Loved Ones!

It has been five days that I spent valuable time with my daughter, Lisa. She arrived last Saturday evening and since then we had been having great time together both at home and away. The minute we arrived home from the airport, she straightaway walked towards the dinning hall where there was spread of coconut rice and the condiments which I already prepared earlier in the evening before we headed to the airport. Indeed, I told myself that while the 'grown-up kiddos' are spending their holidays here, I hope to spend quality times with them and as far as possible I would like to cook for them home-cook foodies. Also to take them around Muscat and try the varieties of foodies from Arabs to Iranian to Lebanese and Western cuisines!

Alhamdulilah, so far my daughter and I had our bonding time together. We talked on beds and at dining tables with Gary always in between us! She always feels hungry and I noticed every two hours she'll be craving for foods! Early in the morning by 6am, she'll be having her cereals with cold milk. When we are having our breakfast before Mr Right goes to the office, she'll be having her second breakfast with us, be it roti canai with fish curry or fried noodles. After that at about 10.30am when I prepared brunch for her father such as fried rice, salads or cokodok ikan bilis, I'd prepared the same for her. Lunch times I also preferred to prepare home-cooked foodies knowing full well that she preferred home-cook foods. Last few days I cooked fried mee mamak and this afternoon, I made chicken rice. Although I did not know how to cook like most mothers, yet I did my very best to produce something for her and I truly loved to see her eating her meals. It made me feel good and blessed that she ate all the foodies which I cooked.

At dinner time, we spent bonding time together at several eating outlets such the D'Arcy Kitchen where Lisa loved its Fish & Chips. Other times we went to B & B @FunZone where Lisa preferred its Chicken Sandwich. Yesterday we had an operation dinner-out for Iranian cuisines at Mersin. She had chicken kebab with fries and bread. Also coffee ice cream from Baskin Robbin which I shared with her. This evening  for a change, we took her to Pizza Hut and had super supreme pizza with garlic breads and spicy chicken wings. Wow! That was really delicious foodies that we had as one happily family while waiting for her brother and SIL to join us at the end of this month. Indeed, so far we had quality time - talking and laughing together and as always there'll be Gary with his antics for us to play with, either hide-and-seek in between the pillars or under the duvets :D

Now we are looking forward to weekends after the festive season hi tea which we spent @Norina's. We were delighted to be served with turkey and bread as well as her specialty the Laksa Sarawak with the sweet citrus Mandarin oranges as the yummy desserts! It was really nice to spend holiday times with friends and also to understand our friend's cultures and traditions. Tomorrow, insyallah we'll take her to The Shakespeare for an English Breakfast! I truly hope she will enjoy her meals there which has a beautiful ambience with floral Victorian design. In fact, in one of my notes to her before her arrival in Muscat, I told her that I wished to take her to a few places for some bonding times together including to the new cafe Shakespeare @The Wave! Although the foods may be different from the ones in The Maid of Honour at Kew Gardens which we used to frequent during our stay in London because we liked and admired the Olde English 'cottage' which was established since 1868, but I truly wish we'll have another great bonding times together @Shakespeare! 

Indeed, we had a wonderful time together overlooking the Marina and surrounded by lush palm trees. We ordered the typical English breakfast of omelette with mushroom, roasted potatoes and baked beans. It was exceptionally delicious and reminded us of England in cool winter! We daintily drank the Earl Grey tea with hot milk and finished off with 'Lava Chocolate Cake' and Vanilla ice cream as desserts! Wallah, that's was a truly beautiful Friday morning bonding time :D

A Time Out @Shakespeare, The Wave: Beautiful Place with Beautiful People!
Lisa with Dad :)) Spending Quality Time Together in a Beautiful Place with Great Foodies :D
Lisa with Mom. Bonding time between Mom+Doter with Heart2Heart Talk!

No comments:

Post a Comment