Sunday 11 August 2013

Blessings in Disguise (Part 2)

Three sacred wishes by MARISA ...
Nostalgic feelings of a DS far away from home sweet home (@^@)

During the holy month of Ramadan 1434 in a dessertland somewhere in Middle East I made a silent supplication to Allah SWT that I truly missed my children and had wished that I could perform Solat Maghrib, Isyak and followed by Taraweeh with my daughter El just like last year when she stayed with us during her internship and spent Eid Fitri with us :) In particular knowing that her newly wed brothers have families of their own, I wished I could be with her ...

At about the same time in the Far East, my daughter El also made a silent doa to Allah SWT that she wished to have a rest ... Just rest. Full stop! She was very tired with her working schedule and the never ending demand at work since she started working for about two months. She has to leave the house at 7am and most of the time she will only arrive her home at 10pm and the routine continues daily which made her felt tired and lethargic ... But in one of her phone call conversations with me she wishes that I am there with her so that she could spend and celebrate her first salary with Mama :)

The same goes to my son RM in the faraway land who makes a wish to Allah SWT and secretly shared it with his wife FM that he wishes to celebrate Eid Fitri with his Mama after a drought of six years of absence every Eid without us since we had to celebrate abroad as part our duty to the nation at his Dad's place of work. For the past six years, he celebrated Eid Fitri with his paternal grandmother and my in laws in St Lewis whereas we were in London and now in Muscat. As a family, our son and us met each other at least twice a year but so far never coincides on Eid days :( Yet, he knew that in life we have to make lots of sacrifices but at the same time his heart wished that he could be with Mom this Eid? 

With Allah SWT Mercy and Blessings, all the wishes or supplications which me made silently without telling each other were answered :) Indeed, Allah SWT hears and sees (all things) as clearly stated in Quran Surah Al Mujadila Ayat 1. Yes! The wishes come true, but I think they all came with a very heavy price and lots of cries and sacrifices though I prefer to admit it finally comes out as blessings in disguise :)

My son's supplication was answered i.e "Celebrating Eid with Mama @StLewis ..."

Indeed, we have to be extra careful and truly explicit when we make our wishes. In my case, yes I made the wish but I did not contemplate about the timing and logistic. I only wish to be with my kiddos but I did not explicitly say or determine How! As for my daughter, she just makes a wish that she wants a rest. But she also does not figure out How! And  as far as my son is concerned, he only wishes to spend Eid with me. But he never gives a thought or explicit planned on How to execute it?

None of us made known of our wishes to each other because we know it was quite impossible because it involves a lot of money for traveling, other hidden expenses, in appropriate timing since all of us have obligations such as family, duties and works and of course a proper planning need to be made! And most of all, we just saw each other in June @Riz'sWedding :)

In my case, I just met and spent time with them in March and May to June. So the next possible visit would be at the end of the year. Insyallah. Similarly to El who had just started working and was still on probationary period. So she truly needed time to be confirmed first and also to apply for leave if she wants to take a rest!  And, for my son he knew pretty well that it was quite impossible to spend time with Mama for Eid since Mom has just arrived in Muscat and also an obligation to celebrate Eid with the Malaysians at Dad's work place. 

Indeed, all of us planned that we would meet up in late December till early January so that we could spend New Year  together as a family in Oman. That was our plan! We can only plan but Allah SWT will be the Final Executor ... And of course Allah SWT the Al Mighty hears everything what our hearts silently said. Allah knows what we know nought! And, truly the most merciful Allah granted our wishes to be with each other. How? The Greatness of His AlMighty was true and it was unfolded by an event ...

One night on the first day of Laylat-Al-Qadr night something happened. After my daughter had her Iftar with her brother and sister in law, she went home and prayed. After that she told them that she wanted to meet a friend. She drove her car. But in less than fifteen minutes after she left our home she met will an accident in front of a mosque @ThreeStone. Although her car was almost total wreck, she was saved and alive! Alhamdulilah. The people in the mosque heard the loud bang and came rushing and helped her. She was conscious and the first thing she remembered was to call her brother who was at that time at home although he had thought to meet his client that night for an auto show but somehow he cancelled it at last minute. Soon after the  cancellation  he received a phone call from his only sister and rushed to the accident location @ThreeStone!

(Note: To be continued in Part 3)

No comments:

Post a Comment