Monday 19 August 2013

A Month of Silence

It has been nearly a month since my last post. I shall name it a month of silence. Suddenly, without me realizing it, I just can't write or scribe anything down although I had many things in my mind which need to be 'vommitted' or poured out or shared! Yet, dishearterningly somehow I just cannot key in any letters, or write them down or whatever in my head just cannot be transmitted into written words. I am truly helpless. And worst of all the feelings just cannot be expressed  in words ... although the impressions of sadness, frustrating, annoyed, hopeless and what nought all jumbled up or toiled in one :(

So what did I do to overcome those feelings? For the past one month, I seek solace to Allah SWT. It is only to Him that I asked for help and protection. And to pass my time which I usually dedicate to updating my blog I watched several motivational and inspirational movies. Among others which went straight to my mind and soul was the movie Di Bawah Lindungan Kaabah based on a novel which I have read during my teenager days written by Dr Hamka about two people Z & H who were 'doomed' by their prople for falling in love due to their different social status. To the closed minded people who were class concious their relationship was 'derogatory' and in my language they labelled them as 'mana nak sama enggang dengan pipit' or 'antara dua darjat' or 'emas tak sama dengan loyang' and 'sutera tak sebangsa dengan benang.' 

In short, like the story of Romeo and Julliet the sorrowful 'love birds' cannot fulfill their marriage  vow or be together because one is rich and beautiful from an influential family while the other was a pauper although he was an honest man, knowledgeable and worked hard to make ends meet. But to the eyes of their status concious families and the people surrounding them, they were of no match and not meant for each other! It was nostalgic and melancholic story line which was full of philosophical insights. I strongly believe that both the novel and movie were thought provoking and soothed the hearts and souls of the readers and movie viewers :D

An inspirational and thought provoking movie (copyright of You Tube) to all souls :)

Another fictional yet inspiring series of telemovies that I watched during a month of silence from blogging was 'Dari Sujud ke Sujud' starring singer and actress Marshanda and others which in its unique way taught me to appreciate life more. I truly like the 'DQ Pesantren' environment which provides home-sweet-home to innocent young people who are in hunger of spiritual knowledge and at the same time acts as one united helpful family to all it's occupants be it teachers and students. The scene brought nostalgic feeling to me since it reminded me of my late Abah who taught Quranic reading to the young ones in Happy Village during my childhood days. Also the inspirational dialogues in the script and several Quranic surahs offer foods for thoughts to motivate viewers and bring out the best in themselves. 

'Mega Sintron' Dari Sujud ke Sujud which is heart rending to blissful soul searchers (copyright Google)

I was also touched by its beautiful lyrics in the background song which part of it said: 
Bagaimana ku jelaskan cinta
Karena itu tak dapat dijabarkan
Sesuatu yang indah lahir dari rasa
Dan rasa itu karunia Illahi

Dari Sujud ke Sujud ...
Ku tasbihkan hanya untuk cinta
Subhanaullah 
Cinta kita terus bertasbih ...


No comments:

Post a Comment