Friday 27 September 2013

Wanna Canadian Lunch?

It was a beautiful Thursday morning when some colleagues and I were invited by ILS to her home. Apparently, Sarah our Canadian friend wishes to demostrate cum cooking for us a hearty Canadian lunch - European spinach and strawberry salad, juicy grilled salmon and scullent Montreal chicken with wild rice mixed in cranberries and almonds :) How's that sound? Yummy! Did the sound of the dishes make you hungry? Indeed, it was to me and I truly enjoyed the cooking lesson and most of all the delicious foodies ...

The result ....
A spread of four delicious dishes and a mouth-watering Cheese Cake with cream and blue berries topping as our dessert! Yummy :)

Our 'Chef Sarah' with her sumptuous dishes > spinach+strawberry salads with zottarella cheese, grilled maple glazed salmon, wild rice with cranberries+almond and roasted Montreal chicken! 

Look! the yummy cheese cake > The most 'sinful' dessert for my diet which I could not resist no matter how hard I tried ... Hu Hu Hu! So, I promised myself that I'll fast the next day! Instead of fasting, I had another cake. This time, a red velvet which was specially baked and beautifully decorated by a talented friend who has sweet tooth, cake enthusiast, truly passionate in baking and decorating cakes plus our host for that day - the ever loving ILS!!! 

Wow! Take a Look at this red velvet cake daintily covered with stunning red roses!!! Can anyone resist or shy away from it? Nevertheless, I can't ;)


Here, I will share the most healthiest recipes vis a vis the Canadian spinach+strawberries salad. It can serve 8-10 persons.
Ingredients:
2 packets of fresh European spinach
2 bowls of strawberries
3 bowls of 'Zottarella' cheese
1 red onion
Balsamic vinegar
Virgin Olive oil
Dried basils
Black pepper
Salt
Maple syrup

Methods:
1. Clean the spinach
2. Cut or slice strawberries and onion
3. Cut the whole cheese into halves 
4. Place all these ingredients into a bowl.
5. Add the remaining ingredients as dressing and  mixed them.
6. Serve the 'colourful' salad in a serving dish.

A Truly Healthy Salad prepared by Sarah as starters and formed part of the hearty Canadian Lunch menu :) Bon Appetit ... Or I wish you a hearty appetite :D

1 comment:

  1. Awww, thanks for mentioning the Canadian lunch in your delightful blog!

    ReplyDelete