Friday 27 September 2013

Baby Steps count :)

Since the day I started walking about nine months after I was brought into this challenging world, I have taken baby steps and kept moving forward over five decades with the guidance from Allah SWT and assistance of many loving and caring people. My target is happiness and leading a happy life ...

An excerpt of my story:
I am thankful to be given a chance to live in this worldly world and also the opportunity to live my life to the fullest! Alhamdulilah, all praise to His Almighty. 

In my own Pursuit of Happyness as portrayed in the movie staring Will Smith and his son Jaden Smith, Every Baby Step which I took since the day I started walking truly counted in my life and since then had moulded me to be what I am today. I was exceptionally inspired to write a true story about myself after I watched the said teary eyes yet motivational movie describing the story of Chris Gardner who from a homeless beginning turns to an awesomely multi-millionaire! Of course, I am not a millionaire > what more a multi-millionaire like he is. But, who knows, perhaps one day I'll be a millionaire :) Just a wishful thinking. LOL!

If I am not a millionaire like him, then who am I? Well, my name is Marisa. I am just a daughter to a very responsible and loving parents, a youngest sibling to my  forever caring brothers and sisters, a fortunate wife to a very loving and understanding husband, a lucky in-law to my ever pampered in-laws,  an ordinary mother of three wonderful grown-up children, a mother-in-law to two beautiful daughters-in-law, a teacher to my students, and a friend to all my friends scattered throughout the globe. But, I am pretty sure that I am 'feeling' as if I am a millionaire like Chris Gardner although not surrounded by money money money, instead with happiness and fun loving people! And, indeed I have achieved my target > feeling happy and leading a happy life style! To date, I am sincerely grateful and self proclaimed of feeling very happy to join others who are categorized as the happiest persons on earth with what I have and being truly embraced by my loved ones and surrounded by beautifully minded people. Alhamdulilah :)

The four lessons which I discovered for my success story being truly happy in life after living in this challenging world for more than five decades are:
First and foremost, I follow my dream. Whatever my dream, I'll make sure I'll achieve it! Secondly, all the hurdles and obstacles within and in front of my way towards my dream, I brushed them off and of course I worked hard and did my very best to achieve what I am dreaming to achieve! Others who showed they care or deemed to be caring on me may give their thoughts and advices which I fully lent my ears, yet after listening to them all, I did not follow them blindly. Instead, I followed my own heart for I know who I am and what is best for me based on my own ability, instinct and not others! Next, I always remember my roots and from where I come from. I put both my feet firmly on the ground although at times my heart and my head were soaring high with happiness beyond imagination :D On this, I strongly believe, we all do as we are only human beings, full of wanting, needs and desires. But, the final lesson which I truly learnt throughout my life in my pursuit of happiness is to always keep in touch with my Creator - Allah SWT who sees me even in total darkness and who hears me clearly even the slightest thought or deep secret kept intact in my heart!

Quotes by Chris Gardner (Copyright google-image)

Apart from the four lessons stated above, I also discovered that to achieve what we desire, we have to know ourselves. As for me the Pursuit of Happiness is actually within myself. I just have to make it happen and continue to strive to make it happen ... How? Just like this afternoon, my better half had an invitation to go for a cup of coffee after dinner with his friends in an exclusive club? He told me about it and I happily said, "Of course, you may go dear. How often you went out with your male friends, so why not! Except ... before you go, I hope you'll send me to City Cinema so I could pass my time watching a movie while waiting for you ..." 

Upon hearing my approval to spend his weekend night out but with a proviso or suggestion, he quickly changed his mind and said, "Shall we see a movie tonight wifey?" Wallah!!! that's truly happiness for me because my 'air, heart and soul' prefers to spend his precious  weekend with me instead of with his male species. Yeah, great feeling of sheer happiness engulfing me and now, I can't wait for the evening to come! And, I am now smiling with a big broad smile on my face. Thank You, Allah SWT for answering my wish although I did not utter it expressly except secretly said in my little heart hoping that my better half will spend the night with me watching a movie in the cinema   instead of going out with his friends :D Well, I also believe, it is partly because I have less expectation, so whatever small things that come to me, I always feel good and happy!!!

A month ago: Feeling good and in cloud nine with two tickets in hands ... Yeah!!! 

And, tonight ...
We are going to watch an action and biographical 2hr 03min film Rush staring Daniel Bruhl, Chris Hemsworth and Olivia Wilde @CityCinema. I could not wait to see the movie which I presume will be inspirational too, about rivalry between two Formula One Season drivers James Hunt and Niki Lauda set in the 1970s. For the rest of the story, I shall patiently wait till tonight ...

I am not rushing. I am only counting my "baby steps" from my home in Qurum29 to CityCinema to view Rush! Phewit ...

No comments:

Post a Comment