Wednesday 18 September 2013

Hair Tips @Shakespeare

Friendship is sometimes thicker than blood. More so when we live far away from home sweet home. When we make friends in a place where we are making a living, the bond with our dear friends become intact and meaningful. We share stories, jokes, recipes and whatever knowledge with each other. 

In my case, a bond between my friends and me has blossomed from just a budding single rose to a fully fragrance and blossoming four red roses! MSR + DNB + ILS + DD = Mrs DID! Indeed, the foursome Mrs DID always do things together ;)

At least, once a month Mrs DID gathered together for cups of latte @SecondCup or some healthy tea @Chado. They also went out for simple breakfast either @Darcy for an American omelette or @Paul for fluffy French croissants :D

Recently, they met @Shakespeare The Wave for an English breakfast. This time they invited a Canadian friend Sarah. The topics over breakfast were interesting. They chatted about foods to opera shows to touristic places and also something which truly caught my ears: how to take care of our hair using natural ingredients from our very own kitchen!

Well, here is how it happens ...
While enjoying our meals, I was admiring Sarah's newly bob styled hair cut and soon after all of us were talking about hair care. Then we talked about how to make our hair healthy and shines (@^@)
Through her experience meeting with many people from all walks of life in her line of work Sarah said that some people use coffee grounds to make their hair good and darker. But, she cautioned - only to those people who have black or dark hair. This tip could not be applied to blondes :(

Also I found out from the web that "coffee is often recommended as a simple, natural treatment to make hair extra-glossy." Wow! How? According to Eco-Salon, "brew up an extra-strong coffee pot, let it cool and apply it to your dry, clean hair. Leave it for at least 20 minutes, then rinse. Keep it up once a week or so for best results."

Wallah! I liked Sarah's secret tip and quickly added that my Mom used drops of coconut oil for her hair. When I was young and stayed with her in my hometwon I saw every time before she shampoos her hair, she will apply some drops of fresh coconut oil to her hair and leave it for a little while. I used to see her doing that routine but I never tried it on my own hair. Perhaps I was too lazy ... LOL! That's why nowadays I could see her hair is better than mine although hers is silvery but surely soft and shiny :D

From her own experience, my friend DNB from Brunei said she used 'jelly like' from aloe vera plants to her hair. She has aloe vera plants at her backyard in Qurum which makes it handy ;) She pureed the jelly like thingy in a blender and later strained the blended jelly  into a container. After she had washed her hair, she applied the aloe vera jelly as conditioner before she rinsed out her hair. Indeed, from Wiki I also found out that "aloe vera is known to work wonders in promoting shine and moisture in hair and preventing hair loss and dandruff." Therefore, it wasn't surprising to see that DNB hair was shiny since she has applied aloe vera as part of her hair routine treatment!

Interestingly, another friend ILS informed us that some people from her country applied grated nutmeg which made into oil to their hair. Although she did not practice or apply to her own hair, but she  added that nutmeg oil has a good toning action on hair. In fact, I tend to agree with her because I found that a research had been made where nutmeg oil can be used as hair lotions apart from being an anti aging products which is quite popular in the Far East. 

The ever-sweet DD has read about bergamot and of the view that it also helps to beautify hair. So, at home when I did my search in the web, I found out that if our hair is thin, dull or breaks easily  then we could use bergamot oil as part of our solution! How? It is quite a simple procedure to follow where if we apply bergamot oil to our hair, it will soak into our scalp and strands. The reaction would be - "it stimulates blood flow to the follicles around the roots and infuses into strands to give hair strength and shine." Great isn't it! Thank you DD for the sharing of knowledge :)

And, when I arrived home with happy feelings plus a tune of "pretty woman walking ... down the street" blurted out of my lips, my better half had noticed and enquired what was the happiness about? I quickly shared with him the several hair tips which I had gathered from my friends while having our breakfast @Shakespeare. He smiled at me and said, "what about olive oil in the kitchen? Can't you use it as part of your hair treatment?" My immediate response was "Is that true?" He replied, "Of course it's very true because my Mom used it for her hair and also applied to mine when I was small. But, now since no one does the same for me anymore, I'm suffering from severe hair loss! Hu Hu Hu ... Poor me!" Ha Ha Ha :D I looked at him and laughed out loud. 

But, when I browsed the Internet, I found out that it was true and I should try a warmed olive oil hair treatment to my fizzy hair because "it could make my hair awesomely soft and repaired it nicely" and beautifully as practiced routinely by Elizabeth L. from Florida and was rewritten by Jacquie Fought who is a wife, mother, lover, housekeeper and cook in her blog! What an awesome tip :)

In sum, Mrs DID morning @Shakespeare was truly fruitful. We not only enjoyed our breakfast meals but most if all we had great time together sharing hair tips to each other. Thank You ALL ...

The Foursome Mrs DID with Sarah @Shakespeare :)

No comments:

Post a Comment